Sep 9, 2008

The goings on of the Hymas'

I thought things would begin to slow down once we quit the cleaning job and we got back into a schedule with school....boy was I wrong! I have two classes that might as well be five with all the reading, leading discussions, papers, and tests that I'm already stressing about. I have to lead a discussion on Rousseau on Thursday in my French Revolution class that is stressing me out major. I'm just hoping that she takes it easy on the person that goes first!

This last week has been the Eastern Idaho State Fair, and I had to be there everyday in the KIDK booth. It kept me really busy during the week because I'd have to go to work to get the car, stay there till four(ish), and then drive back to the station. That gave me about ten minutes to check and send faxes, get stuff for the delivery guy ready, and to make sure everything was in working order before I left. It was busy! Blake also had to work extra because of the fair (he works at McKee's), so both of us were pretty busy last week.

At least Blake and I get a little bit of a get-away this weekend, because we're going to Lagoon (I got free tickets through work)! I'm excited to go, but I also have to keep telling myself that it's ok to do that, the week before we move. I'll just have to box everything up that week during the night, in between my mounds of reading and research for two totally different subjects. I'm really excited for the next few weeks because not only our we moving into a nicer, cheaper apartment, but Joni and her family will be here for about two weeks while Matt does a rotation here in Pocatello. It will be soooo much fun, and we all are going to the temple as a family for the first time! I just have to say that I love this gospel, I love that I can be with my family forever! It can be so easy to lose sight of what's important, but as long as you stay firm in your faith things will always be ok, not easier just ok. In our busy lives it can be so easy to forget to do the little things like scripture study, personal prayer, family prayer, and going to the temple on a regular basis. I've felt the difference from when I do these things and when I don't, and life is much better (or my capacity to handle it is better) when I'm doing them.