Feb 25, 2009

Winter and School Blues

I've had the winter blah's for awhile and I'm excited for March to come, because (usually) it's the month that Spring starts. I think it's a bad idea to start your last semester in the cold and darkness that is winter because then I have no drive at all to want to finish my seminar paper or the other class papers I have to write. I also feel overloaded with this internship I'm doing, because there is no set plan and I feel like I'm reaching in the dark for stuff. I keep telling myself that I have about two months left and then I will be done! Then I also tell myself that I only have two months to get all my stuff done and I start hyperventilating. It's a no win situation I guess. Anyway, despite school craziness I have had time to be with friends and family and to leave that behind me for a few hours at a time. I also don't know what I would do without my Sundays. I haven't done homework on Sunday's for quite awhile, and while no big blessing has come from it, I really enjoy my no school day. I find that I'm able to put things into better perspective and focus on what really makes me, me. I find comfort in the gospel and in Christ. It makes me feel better knowing that He's there with me, and understands my feelings of inadequacy, and that he can help alleviate those feelings to help me get through just one more paper or one more article review. I also find it a big blessing to be married to Blake right now, because I'd probably go crazy if I didn't have him and his silliness to come home to every night. He makes me laugh and feel a lot better about myself and my abilities. I love that guy! I guess the song 'Count Your Blessings' really does come in handy when you feel like pooh! I'm also grateful to all my family and friends that help Blake in keeping me sane. You all make me smile!

2 comments:

Sarah Roberts said...

oh my gosh alicia i can totally relate!

Happy Hermies said...

This too shall pass, and then something else will come up that is a trial to get through, and as soon as that's one has passed, then another and another...:)! But, you're awesome and always will be as long as your attitude and spirit stay the same!! LUVS!